The Litebook Elite is a hand held light therapy device and is perfect for the office or for travel. It’s portable and compact and if space is an issue for you – This light box is a perfect fit. It comes with a nice carrying case with power adaptors for other countries as well. Its small size doesn’t affect its light intensity though and it produces a very bright but safe light.
Litebook Elite Features
- No UV radiation
- Improves mood, increases energy and restores sleep patterns
- 60 day money-back guarantee
- Safe, easy to use, and doctor-recommended
- Custom rip-stop nylon carrying case (included)
What Does it Promise?
The Litebook Elite promises to improve mood, increase energy and restore sleep patterns. The company claims that the device was eye safety tested by expert Dr. David H. Sliney, a U.S. based consulting medical physicist. Its’ patented technology employs white light emitting LEDs from Japan that produce a very bright but safe beam of light with a specific combination of wavelengths identical to the peak wavelengths of the sun – which turns out to be the wavelengths that our bodies respond to for health and wellbeing.
The device emits no UV radiation. It requires less treatment time than traditional fluorescent light boxes and most users experience the benefits within a few days of use.
- Compact, portable, hand held device that you can take anywhere.
- No UV radiation.
- The Litebook has published clinical data in a peer-reviewed journal on efficacy for Seasonal Affective Disorder.
- Effective for both seasonal affective disorder and sleep problems.
- Delivers as much light as the large devices.
- The small size that makes it so portable is also its biggest negative. The area of light projected makes you feel you have to sit in one position the whole time to keep your eyes within range.
- The battery does not last long when not plugged in, so it’s recommended to leave it plugged in all the time.
- The price is a little higher than most large devices. You can find the best price for it on Amazon right now.
I use the Litebook Elite to relieve my sleep schedule problems. Its small size fits my desk at my office perfectly and only the ones that sit right next to me notice it. At home I use the Philips goLITE BLU and it works effectively as the larger device.
It has helped me quit needing and taking 2 hour long afternoon naps and after a week of daily use my sleep schedule has totally changed. I am now able to go to bed at 10 PM, fall asleep quickly, restfully sleep through the night, and awaken at 6 AM totally refreshed. The relatively higher price is well worth to me since I travel a lot and I can take it with me anywhere.
How to Use the Booklite Elite
The Litebook should be positioned approximately 12-24 inches (30-60 cm) from your face, and should be offset at a 30 to 45 degree angle, like sunlight coming in a window. The light beam is very bright – like the sun. Don’t stare at it directly, though an occasional glance is o.k.
If you have a history of eye disease including, but not limited to, macular degeneration, have undergone laser corrective eye surgery in the past 30 days, or if you are currently taking any medications including certain antibiotics which render you photosensitive (extremely sensitive to light), consult with your ophthalmologist or health care provider before using product
Typically, you will recognize when you’ve received sufficient light – most often by feelings of heightened alertness, energy, and/or mood.
Check out more reviews for the Litebook Elite – Right Here
To your health and happiness,
Will you share this post? (Thank you!)